Monday, February 21, 2011

The Impossible Just Takes Longer


The whole town wanted to come to Church on Sunday. It was great!

We are now planning the first ever temple trip from Sunyani, and have been trying to figure out the total cost. If we are unable to get help from the mission to bring down the cost, the American Elders have been talking about using our money to help out. Without that help, each member would have to pay 41 Ghc, which is about 30 bucks. That's too much for most members to even consider going, so we are looking to help cover half. What do you feel about allowing me to take out 100 Ghc to help the members here go to the temple in Accra?

The Assistants came to visit, and I teamed up with Elder Wright from Arizona. It was just what I needed. It's been great to learn many different cultures, but it was relaxing to be able to talk to someone who understands your humor and language perfectly. We had one of the most powerful lessons of my mission with a man who we are hoping will be baptized before the upcoming trip to the temple. While finishing the POS with him, he asked what would happen to his father because he was not baptized. What an inspired question first of all, and second, E. Wright and I were able to explain to him about Baptism for the Dead. Perhaps he could be baptized for his father who passed away quite some time ago. He was so excited that I think if we were not there he would have cried. The spirit was strong and I think this was the first time he truly knew that the Church was true. He told us that as he read from the Book of Mormon, he felt like he had never felt before. I can't imagine what my life would be without it.

We had zone conference this past Friday. Our goal now is to prepare a family to be sealed in the temple and baptize someone from a part member family by June 26th when Pres and Sister Sabey leave. I was told that the Canadian version of the Navy Seals are the SEABEES and their motto is, "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible just takes a little longer." That is our new motto in Sunyani, and I am so excited to keep working hard. With the Assistants we were able to divide and conquer. We had 16 lessons on Saturday and 46 for the whole week. The work is going well, and I can't wait to see what happens in the near
future.

Love you all very much!

E. Hair

No comments: