Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Harmattan Winds

Hey everyone,

Things are going great. We are super busy. How fast time flies when you are having fun. Please tell everyone I'm grateful for their prayers and support. We have truly seen the power of prayer in our work. Elder Omini and I are out at 9:30 every morning and we don't come back until about 8 at night. Many families here in Sunyani don't have lights, and even if they do, they go to bed early, and most get up very early.

We usually don't take time for lunch. I am eating well though, and figured out how to make a rice dish that tastes almost like Mom's paella. You will see one of my masterpieces on my CD of pics I'm sending home.

Our apartment is so nice, I don't have to sleep with a net, but I do still need the fan. It's in the low 90s every day. The Harmattan winds this time of year are very dry, dusty, and hot! I'm going through shirts unlike ever before.
Amanda, that was the best email I've received from you. Thank you, and please keep sending them. I love you, and good luck with the musical. Mom, thank you for sending the package. I should get it at our next Zone Conference.

Please tell Grandma I love her and to stay healthy. Please thank them for the wonderful letter that they sent me as well.

This past week we had two investigators at Church, both males. When you think of all that needs to be done at Church to run Sacrament meeting and Sunday School, that's on us until this little group grows into a branch. This week we taught a newly married couple. We were talking with them about the importance of families and the wife, Evalin said something I'll remember, "marriage prevents many sins." We were grateful for her comment and are anxious to visit with them again.

I love you all. Have a good week.

Elder Kwasi Ihwi

No comments: