Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sweet



Fam,

This week has been pretty sweet. Now that there are only two of us in this new area, we have a lot of people we are teaching and not enough time to teach all of them. At first I was kinda stressed but then I realized that I need to be counting my blessings. I love being able to make an impact on someone.

As I look back at the last year, I can't help but notice how fast it has gone. Even though I have been out for a year I still feel that same hit-the-ground running zeal that I had the day I entered Elmina.... In fact I would even say that I have more. I am so excited to see what the rest of the mission will bring, and what I will do to give back to it.

We met with a guy this week named James who told us that he had been in the Ghanaian Military for 20 years. Right away we felt a connection with James, and at the end of the lesson/answering questions about what the other missionaries had taught, he said, "That was a powerful lesson." We walked away with a feeling of gratitude for the Lord allowing us to teach James. We left feeling good about what we had just said as representatives of our loving Savior. I am going to continue to work on that for all of my lessons to come.

Elder Saili had his first legit FM (free meal) on Sat with our recent convert Jenna. We had boiled yams with a powerful stew that we all helped prepare. He and I are really enjoying ourselves and look forward to each new day. With the new program for trainers, you train for two transfers, then your trainee will immediately train the next two transfers. I really like the idea because it will give someone that has just been trained the opportunity to grow even more by training another.

I met the new missionary from St Louis today and he seems like a sweet guy. He is being trained by E. Halimarian from Liberia who is the sweetest missionary in the mission. I love that guy!

I was asked to teach the youth class this Sunday. It makes me happy when the kids go home and talk with their parents about what they learn in class. It was sweet being able to teach them and I am excited to be able to continue.

There are these two sisters that we are teaching, Grace and Nana Akwia. They really like the message, but say they are too involved in their church and unable to leave. Each time we leave, we feel good about the lesson, but they need to come to church and earnestly pray so they will know the truth.

I love you so much and am more grateful each and every day for the things that you did to raise me. Say hi to everyone in O'Fallon.

Love,

E. Hair

No comments: