Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lost 8 --- Gained 8

Lots of firsts for me this week. My first time having to really know where I'm going in this crazy driving place, the first time I've had to drive all the time without having a break, and the first time crying when my companion left.

This transfer actually went rather smoothly. We took the departing Elders to the Temple on Tuesday. It was a really powerful session. I didn't have to go to the airport. Elder Adams handled that for himself and the departing missionaries.

Elder Marimira and I headed to the MTC to meet with the new Elders. I really liked getting there early. They have so many questions and I always feel like we never have enough time to answer them. We lost eight great Elders, but we gained eight new ones.

We have been teaching in our own area as often as we can while preparing for the next Zone council on Wednesday. Sometimes it feels like there is just too much to do. I enjoy working with the president, and the opportunity to learn from him and others, but there are some days I come home so tired that I lay down just for a second and I'm out cold without even taking time to undress. Other times, I shower and brush my teeth, but then I kneel down to pray and I
fall asleep.

Amanda, that story was incredible! Elder Marimira and I talked about how we can incorporate it into our missionary work. You're the best sister a guy could ever have, and I don't think there is a day that goes by that I do not mention you or show a picture of you to someone. I admire you for your hard work in everything you do.

I know the Lord loves the missionaries. This is a great place to humble ourselves and go to work. God's prophet really does speak to us today and I get excited every time we get the chance to soak up his words. I love you all and hope you have a good week.

Elder Hair

No comments: