Tuesday, February 7, 2012

We will miss Elder Adams!

Family,

My new companion will be Elder Marimira, from Zimbabwe.

We will only serve together for one transfer before he goes home. He's been a wonderful trainer and Zone Leader. I really look forward to teaching with this experienced and loving missionary who will sprint to the finish.

As Elder Adams prepares to go home, we talk about the good times we've had together. After 10 months in this area, E. Adams has many good friends in the branch. Sunday, we went to visit a part member family. For the past 6 years the wife has had problems with her lungs and just in the past few months it has gotten really serious. She didn't want us to come and give her a blessing for a while, then finally told the husband to call us. We talked with her about the priesthood and about how it would be according to her faith that she will recover. E. Adams gave her one of the most heartfelt and spirit led blessings I have ever heard. I will miss this guy and I will pray for his success when he gets home.

This transfer we will pick up 8 new missionaries from the MTC in Accra.

1 from Fiji, 1 from Hawaii, and the rest from Utah and Idaho. While in Accra, I will get to go to the temple and even better, I will be able to participate in a sealing for one of Elder Adams recent converts and his new wife, who have both become good friends of mine.

Amanda, I am very happy for you and your new assignment in the Beehives. I hope everything is going well with the musical.

Love you all!

No comments: