Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MTC for Life

 Wow,

Thank you for your inspirational email! I enjoy the opportunity to learn from the prophets and apostles.

Dad's stories from his mission have motivated all of us to serve. Chris, Tyler, and Chandler all served very well and continue to be great examples for me. We will be eternally grateful for the decision to serve a mission.

I was very excited to hear about Janelle and Chris. As I read the email, I almost broke into tears. I got down on my knees and thanked the Lord for his mindful eye on the Hair family. I am grateful for my three amazing sisters-in-law, Amanda, and Mom!

That was a great picture of you, Dad with Elder Nash.  I was excited to hear of his mission call to St Louis. He was a great influence on me at BYUI.


I really enjoy teaching more than ever now.  I feel so comfortable talking with people and not just sputtering out lessons. It is quite an amazing feeling. Elder Alba and I are teaching two sisters who we invited to pray about being baptized.  We're anxious to visit them again.

This week as we plan for yet another large transfer in preparation for the mission split/formation of the new Kumasi Mission, I feel a sense of peace that everything is going to work out just fine and that Heavenly Father, through the mission president, will work out any kinks.

We had a combined Zone p-day where we played football (soccer) and Pres and Sis Shulz even came to watch. It was a lot of fun to see all of the missionaries there, but it was weird being the one of the oldest. The game was going along great. Suddenly, Elder Hair takes off down the left side of the field dreaming he was back on his High School team... The ball was crossed to him where he dribbled past two defenders to find himself half way down the left-hand side edge of the 18 yard box, where he wound up and took a blow. With a curving shot, the ball entered the netless goal and the crowd went wild!!!!! YES!!! Actually that is how the goal was scored, but it probably wasn't as exciting as I wrote it. haha 


Well, the rest of the week consisted with Zone Council on Wednesday and then off to Kumasi to go on splits with some of the Elders up there. We had a great day of splits and a baptismal interview.

The Lord has really helping me to learn many different lessons on my mission that I will use now and in the future. These two years are the "MTC" for the rest of my life.  I love you very much and am grateful for your example to me.

I love you all!  Have a good week.

No comments: