Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Family,

We did not get to watch general conference. We’ll have to wait until the mission sends us the CD and conference issue. Our ward has about 120 attending and the members are great. We had six investigators yesterday at Church, and man it was good to see all of them there. We have a baptismal date planned for all 6 and I would really appreciate it if you would keep them in your prayers.

This week we contacted some guys that are 20 and 21 and set up an appointment to visit them. They took us up the highest hill in Elmina where their apartment was. When we walked in, man was I scared. It was dark and they had just one mattress on the floor and a TV that had a music video playing. As we began teaching them, the atmosphere changed. They answered questions and it turned out to be an amazing experience. We went back at the end of the week and taught them again. This time it went even better. They asked lots of questions and we’ve developed a good friendship. I have never been shown so many cool handshakes in my life.

I am in an area where I have a bike that the mission supplies. My comp is a convert from a part member family. He is very well educated and wants to study architecture and build homes.

P-day was great. I shop at the local markets and have been making cabbage or bean stew with chicken that we buy from a member and put that on rice or noodles. The stew usually lasts about a week or so.

This past week, a sister from our ward printed my name in Fante "Ihwi" on the back of my Ghana soccer jersey.

Amanda, that’s so exciting about your cross country races!! I hope your battle wounds aren’t too bad. I’m glad you are having the “time of your life.” When introducing myself, I've had a fun time talking about my brothers and little sister.

I have to pay each time we come to use the internet, so I don’t have a long time to write. I love you all very much!

No comments: