Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorite son in Ghana


I love the Plan of Salvation in my life. The Bennetts, a senior couple told us about the earthquake in Japan and how terrible it was. How are the missionaries? Did they get out in time? I have 3 really good friends from school in Japan right now.

This week has been kind of rough. When we find an entire family to teach, too often either the father or the mother does not have enough time for us and comes up with excuses for not being around while we are teaching the other one. We did find out some good news from two of our investigators, but also some very sad news. After almost a year and a half of not seeing any money from his work, one of our investigators finally got paid. He then quit his job and got a better one at a training college, but it's almost 2 hrs away, so he will no longer be our investigator or any other missionary's because the Church has not yet been established where he's moving. Almost the same thing happened to another investigator named Lydia. She was not paid well and the hours were horrible. She now has a new job working at a bank, but it's also too far away from a Church building or any missionaries. Both of these good people flat out told us that they knew the Church was true and that they wanted to be baptized. Ugh!!!!!!! I love missionary work so much, but I hate the adversary. We're pleased that they both got better jobs because they're so hard to find in Ghana. Well, life goes on and one day they will get baptized.

There is nothing in the world that can replace what I'm doing right now. We had a great group at Church this week and things continue to get more interesting as time goes on.

As the days go by like seconds and the months like days, before I know it I will be old like you guys and I will be receiving a very similar email from my son. I love you all and continue to realize more and more every day how much you mean to me. I love this work. The Lord continues to bless me in ways I can't even explain, even during the rough times.

Amanda, keep being the great example that you are, just like Mom, and everyone will love and respect you for who you are. I love you so much. Don't try to grow up too fast. Life as a kid is so much fun.

Love,

Your favorite son in Ghana

No comments: