Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Man I love this mission!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!! I cannot believe you are out of Primary and in Young Women.

Dad, we just had a district meeting, and Elder Briggs, my MT gave a wonderful lesson about Christlike attributes from the same PMG section you wrote about. Elder Adams and I continue to get closer as the mission goes on. He was just made a Zone leader, and I know he will do great. The work is better than ever! Elder Omini and I have 14 new investigators. As time goes on the work seems to get harder, but more exciting. It's great to have Elder Speechly and Elder Alba in the apartment.

Mom, we just don't have time for lunch. We leave early and get home late. I'm pretty much on a two meal a day diet. Just think of it this way. When I'm back home, I'm going to be able to save so much money, I'll be able to pay for gas and a phone and all of those things!

Twice a transfer, we travel to Kumasi on P days. It has the largest market in all of West Africa that would blow your mind. We went to look at Kente ties, and the Kente line is in the center of the market. We had a crazy experience on the way home from Kumasi. At the bus station, we stood in line for over two hours in the pouring rain. If we got out of line, we would have had to wait even longer. When it started raining, people started brawling and running at the kiosk where the tickets are sold. It was a mess. In Ghana when someone wants to get something across, they just yell louder then the next person. There was no organization. So as people were arguing and fighting, I started to sing a song one of my old investigators sang all the time, which goes... "Farmer Farmer would you marry me, acosa trena mina sika ma wa o, ma wa o!" It means, ... let me earn the money and then we'll marry, we'll marry. Man you would not believe how many of the Ghanaian women just started laughing and the mood changed. The bus ride home smelled like a locker room cause everyone was wet and sweaty. It felt amazing to get into my bed after a cold shower. I love Ghana and I love the people more then anything. I love you all and will talk to you next week.




1 comment:

Deerie said...

My son just received his mission call to the Ghana Kumasi mission. I was glad to see this post where you love your mission! Thank you for serving and for sharing this photo.