Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Without a doubt . . .

Family,

Every time we travel to Kumasi for a Zone Conference, Zone Activity, or interviews, we leave at 6 in the morning and don't get back until 10 or so in the evening. When that happens, we're given permission to write home on Tuesdays. Because Elder Omini's father has asked him not to email home for some sort of security reasons, I always feel bad when he has to wait while I email home.

I know without doubt that for Elder Omini and me, our missionary efforts have not been in vain. We have had the toughest 4 months in our lives. We have received many rejections and ups and downs. Last week a man shut the gate in our face yelling that we could never change his mind, and that our doctrines are completely different. E. Omini and I looked at each other and said...OK, and walked on to our next lesson. Then, this week we went to a lesson with two of our most serious investigators, George 55, and Kofi 71. Both elders in their church and best friends. We read with them Mosiah 18:8-10. When George read in verse 10, "if this be the desire of your hearts," I looked right in their eyes and said, "I know without a doubt that you know that this is the only true Church on this earth. Don't you dare deny these truths, and I know that the windows of heaven will open and blessings will pour out that you will not have room enough to receive them." George then looked at Kofi and then back at me and while waving the BOM out in front of him, he said, "Brother Hair, the seed that you and Brother Omini have set into my heart will never be taken away. I know without a doubt that these things are true." He then told us that within their culture they can't just drop and leave their church position. They will need to set some things aside so that in the shortest time possible give up all of their responsibilities and become full-fledged members of Jesus Christ's Restored Church. The spirit was strong!!!!!

I've seen so much and I cannot express to you in any better words then those from PMG to be "exactly obedient".

Our Father in Heaven is in control. Satan's turn is over. He has been in Sunyani and Fiapre for tooooooo long corrupting these amazing people. It's our time. I love this work and although we have some very difficult days, I know that these things are true and no one will change my mind. I pray for protection every day and for the courage to move on in faith. I love you all and hope that things are well at home.

Love

Elder Hair

No comments: