Monday, June 6, 2011

A Week To Remember

Hey Fam,

This will probably be a week that will remain at the top of the list for a long time. We baptized Afia, Morris, and Dennis. Thursday before the baptism, Nancy called her father back home to tell him about her baptism. Her father was not angry, but he wanted her to have more time to find out if this was exactly what she wants to do. As sad as that was, we gave Nancy a set of her own
scriptures to read this summer, and feel very strongly that when she returns from the 3 month school break, she will be baptized.

Last week's baptism was an extra special one because Elder Joseph W. Sitati of the Seventy, second counselor in charge of all Africa west, and Sister Sitati, as well as Pres and Sis Sabey attended.



~~~

To top it all off, a camera crew doing a documentary on us missionaries in Sunyani, came and took pictures as I baptized Afia, Morris, and Dennis. After the baptism, we were interviewed about how we felt about the whole thing and how they felt about us as missionaries. That same camera crew took more pictures several other times during the week as we were about our normal missionary work. It was crazy and I'm happy they have left so we can focus on the most important part of missionary work, which is to help bless the lives of others with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I got really sick last Monday and threw up all night. I was really weak and tired the next day so we had to stay in the house, then on Wed we just did a half day of proselyting. I'm doing better now and I never want to be stuck in the apartment again. Elder Alba is training a new boy. It really makes me see how fast my mission is going and how I DONT HAVE ANY TIME TO WASTE.

This past transfer, Sunyani was made into a Zone and so we are slowly progressing into what we want it to look like. We are getting close to choosing a unit leader and then before you know it, we will be applying to be a branch. I am so excited.

I sent a package with more pictures and a little something for each one of you. I hope you like it. It should be there in like a week to two. Can't wait to see what ya'll think of what I sent. I love you very much and can't wait to hear from you again.

Love

Elder Hair

No comments: