Monday, June 27, 2011

Service

Dear Fam,

This week has gone by very quickly, but some good things happened. We only had 11 people at Church, so we hit a low that we don't like, but we did have our first whole family attend. A Sister Anginlia and her husband and two small girls, one is only 4 weeks old. It was an amazing act of faith and courage that they took the time, especially in the condition that they are in with the new baby.

I was very happy about the topic of the Sunday School lesson because it depicts our main focus as missionaries in Fiapre--SERVICE!!! Ironically, we did a pretty extensive service project for this lady not 3 weeks ago. We have been teaching her more and she has grown in her testimony so much. When she surprised us and came to Church, Elder Omini and I felt it was truly the Lord that had her come this day. Her husband liked the meetings but it was not the big church with hundreds of members that he had seen in other places. That is the hardest thing about being here in this new area. We literally have to do everything at Church, and after 7 and 1/2 months in this area, I have felt myself at times get really tired. But as I see people get closer to their Savior and come to Church and progress, it boosts me up like a package from home. Thank you so much for the birthday card and the pictures. The candy will be gone soon, but I will love it while it lasts.

I love you all!

No comments: