Monday, July 4, 2011

Growing into a Branch

Family,

That's great news about Chandler and Devrey! I'm very happy for them.

Although I have not yet met Pres Shulz, all that I have heard is good. He got here last Wed night, but we won't see him until Sat when he comes up for Zone conference. That's what we get for being so far away. (haha)

Things are going great and I am continuing to learn more and more every day. As I finish the first 5 books of the Old Testament (the writings of Moses), I see how much I am able to read the scriptures with Temple Eyes as suggested by that brother in the St Louis Temple. I have enjoyed reading the Old Testament, but see how much more rewarding the rest of the standard works are. The Bible is effective with a modern day prophet. It is as simple as that. If we can get people to understand that God calls only one true and living prophet, then it is easier for them to understand many things that we teach.

It is amazing how many people are duped out of their money by false prophets and dreamers of dreams. Some people put everything out on a limb to get rich, and because 1 out of every million get rich, many others follow. I didn't believe much in juju or evil spirits back home but I have grown to see and understand how powerful Satan is today. He does not sleep, and works tirelessly to accomplish his purpose, being the eternal damnation and sadness of man just like him. I have never been hated more for what I believe and have never been more misunderstood then I am here on my mission in Ghana. I love this work and enjoy the challenge, but if there is something that I want, I won't stop until I get it. I feel that persistence in my heart as I work and get closer to our investigators. We want them to have the same happiness that we have.

Our goal is to make this unit into a Branch by the second week in Aug. We need 5 full tithe paying Melchizedek Priesthood holders, and 20 active members. I know this will not be easy, but it will not be impossible.

I love you all and pray for you every day.

Love Elder Hair

No comments: