Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Plan of Salvation

Dear Family,

What a great email from you guys this week. The last time I cried while reading an email was during the first week on my mission. I am proud of my brothers who have all set incredible examples for me. Now the pressure is on me! What a week! I love you all very much.

This week we have continued to work with Y, U, and D as we prepare them to be baptized and confirmed on the 22nd. We have also pushed our baptism forward a week because D and her three children can't wait another minute to be baptized. They have come to church 4 weeks in a row now, and have learned more than enough to enter the waters of baptism with clean hands and a pure heart.

A man that has been dear to me these past 6 weeks along with his mother both passed away, he on Friday and her on Sunday.  Patience and Charley have both been sealed in the temple, so her understanding of it all is much different from the rest of her family members. We have tried to take every opportunity to share with the family the Plan of Salvation and its importance in our lives.

The day before Charley passed away we went to the hospital with Patience to visit him. After being discharged for a month, he was re-admitted for a week or so before he passed. On Thursday however, his countenance was a little different then I had seen it the past six weeks.

Elder Kakowa and I would go by the house when he was there and sit with him, we would talk to him even though his memory loss made it impossible for him to understand us. Elder Kakowa said after we left one morning; "he recognized you today." I looked at him and replied... "the Spirit was really with him today wasn't it." 

On this particular Thursday however, Elder Kakowa blessed him with comfort to live his life according to God's will. He did just that, and now he is standing beside many great men as he preaches the gospel and testifies of the power of the priesthood to those spirits in Heaven. Although we are all very sad for his passing, there is an unusual joy in the Boukrom Branch as they too have caught the spirit of missionary work.

"The spirit can not be taught, its caught!"

Enjoy this week, I know I will too.

Love Elder Hair

No comments: